AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
KentYoungberg
Message 1 of 4 (60 Views)

Grading properties dialog not dispalyed

60 Views, 3 Replies
10-21-2004 10:22 AM
I am using an example from the K-TEK Autodesk Civil 3D book from the Working with Grading Styles section, page 404. In step 10, I select the Grading Properties button, and am prompted to
"Select a Point in the Grading or [Edge]:"

I then select in the grading group object in the display area, and the prompt returns to
Command:
I am expecting the Grading Properties dialog box to display.

Where is the disconnect?

The grading group that I am trying to select does show up in the Grading Groups.

When I perform a LI on the object, I see ...

Select objects:
AECC_FEATURE_LINE Layer: "C-TOPO-GRAD"
Space: Model space
Handle = 17D4
Site : Site 1

I am using Beta 4. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
*Landman
Message 2 of 4 (60 Views)

Re: Grading properties dialog not dispalyed

10-21-2004 12:33 PM in reply to: KentYoungberg
My beta 4 liscence has expired or I would offer more assistance. Be a little careful when using K-Tek solutions book for the current Beta. I have that book and it was created way prior to beta 4 and in some cases I beleive it to be a little out of date. "KentYoungberg" wrote in message news:15184905.1098379377685.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am using an example from the K-TEK Autodesk Civil 3D book from the Working with Grading Styles section, page 404. In step 10, I select the Grading Properties button, and am prompted to > "Select a Point in the Grading or [Edge]:" > > I then select in the grading group object in the display area, and the prompt returns to > Command: > I am expecting the Grading Properties dialog box to display. > > Where is the disconnect? > > The grading group that I am trying to select does show up in the Grading Groups. > > When I perform a LI on the object, I see ... > > Select objects: > AECC_FEATURE_LINE Layer: "C-TOPO-GRAD" > Space: Model space > Handle = 17D4 > Site : Site 1 > > I am using Beta 4. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
Contributor
KentYoungberg
Message 3 of 4 (60 Views)

10-21-2004 03:09 PM in reply to: KentYoungberg
You are correct , the book is out of date and does not contain corridor modeling. As you suggest, my issue may be from using beta 3 examples on beta 4 software. Thank you for the suggestion.
*H Gohel
Message 4 of 4 (60 Views)

10-22-2004 05:52 AM in reply to: KentYoungberg
"KentYoungberg" wrote in message news:15184905.1098379377685.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am using an example from the K-TEK Autodesk Civil 3D book from the Working with Grading Styles section, page 404. In step 10, I select the Grading Properties button, and am prompted to > "Select a Point in the Grading or [Edge]:" > > I then select in the grading group object in the display area, and the prompt returns to > Command: > I am expecting the Grading Properties dialog box to display. I don't have the book with and I'm not sure which part of the object you are selecting, so what I can suggest is to select a different edge. With your file, when I clicked on the outside edge I did not get the properties, but when I clicked on the next inner edge, I did get the properties. -- Himanshu

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs