Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
johnaa52
358 Views, 7 Replies

Grading problem

I'm do grades on a road where the right sidewalk is about 2 feet higher than the left. When doing the multiple section views, the right side shows a 24% grade and the left side shows a 7% grade. I lowered the rightside as much as I dare without creating a super elevation. The curbs are close to being equal. Can I use the curbline as a featureline and will this work? If this does work, then how do I do it. Sorry for being so dense. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: johnaa52

I'm not 100% clear on what you're asking, but I'll take a stab at it:

Do you currently have an existing curb line, represented by a 3d polyline or feature line, and you want to use that as a target for your new curb line? If that's what you're asking, then, yes, you can do that.

Be sure that whatever subassembly you use for curb has ability to use Targets. Look in subassy help for your particular subassy to be sure. Once you confirm that and have designed your Assembly, in the Corridor Parameters for the region you're modifying, pick the Targets button. Look for the subassy you're dealing with and set its Width and Elevation targets to that feature line (or 3d poly) you already have in the drawing.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 8
johnaa52

Hi tcorey

Thank you for your response. I have an existing curb but it is in pieces and only on one side. I set my curb by offsetting the ROW. My assemblies do have their targets set. I draw a polyline on both gutterlines and both streetsides of the sidewalk. If there is no walk then I offset from the ROW. I then attach my profile to the corridor, create sample lines, choosing to create by range of stations. Then I create my Multiple Section Views. This is where I run into my problem. We have set standards for minimum and maximum grades for the boulevard slopes as 2% and 8%. Is there a way to make my curb lines 3D polylines or feature lines and would that help? Thank you.

johnaa52

Message 4 of 8
johnaa52

I am including a section view with the existing ground about 2 feet over the top of curb. I created a breakline from my curbline, but that did not work Thank you.

johnaa52

Message 5 of 8
tcorey

I have some appt's this morning, but I will follow up here this afternoon if someone else hasn't.

All the best,

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 6 of 8
johnaa52
in reply to: tcorey

Thank you Tim. John ......and miles to go before I sleep.....
Message 7 of 8
tcorey

Hello again,

Can you post your drawing? That will help me determine what geometry you have and what you might need, etc.

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 8 of 8
Joe-Bouza

Is it t he design intention to cut the road? If so you will need a wall behind the sidewalk, no?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report