Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading just freezes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
petrocat
494 Views, 4 Replies

Grading just freezes

I know, another post on grading... I've read about site topology, crossing feature lines, and some of the other issues. I still cant get this one to work. I'm grading from the top of curb to figure out where I have to start a retaining wall on a commercial site. The grading worked initially. Fabulous. Then I got greedy and tried to edit the elevations on the featureline and have the grading update automatically. It appeared to freeze so I let it keep running. After lunch, I finally gave the old CTRL-ALT-DEL to kill the program and try it again. Since then I have rebooted twice, erased all featurelines in the drawing, put the new featurelines on new sites, rinsed and repeated, but cannot get the grading to happen. Needless to say... FRUSTRATED.

Mark
c3d 2007
sp3
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
freddy_j
in reply to: petrocat

I know this is 20-20 hindsite but before you edit elevations of featurelines with grading applied, delete the grading. Trust me, this corrupted my drawings many times.

Fred Mitchell
APAI
Message 3 of 5
petrocat

I figured that might have been it. But since I was unable to save after making the edits, I was hoping it wasn't the case.
Message 4 of 5
petrocat

I've found that just deleting the grading isn't enough to avoid a freeze-up. I believe I have to delete the entire featureline, and recreate it before attempting the grading again. Even then I still get occasional freezes. Grading is a cool tool, unless you want it to be functional.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Try recovering the drawing. This sometimes fixes these issues after the
fact.

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report