Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading from different objects to the same surface

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bjornhgr
428 Views, 4 Replies

Grading from different objects to the same surface

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Civil 3D and am working with grading a lot. My feature line crosses the bedrock surface (shown in attached image), so the first grading takes me there from part of the FL. How do I get from this grading and the rest of the FL to the terrain surface (hidden in the image). I've got it for the part from the first grading, but when grading from the FL, I'm asked to specify start and end points, but these seem to have no effect, and no grading is made from the FL (see image).

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: bjornhgr

Not sure if anyone else can see you image but I cant

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Neilw_05

Do you see any messages on the command line when the grading fails?

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 5
bjornhgr
in reply to: Neilw_05

No, there's no message. I click create grading -> select the feature -> Select the grading side -> Select the starting point (I select the end of the first grading) -> Chainage [XX m]. No matter what i select or input at this point, nothing happens, and I'm back to "select the feature".

The best thing would perhaps be if there is a way to join the FL from the first grading and the rest of the original FL, but I'm not sure if that is at all possible?

I've attached the image. The first time i just pasted it in the message.

Message 5 of 5
Neilw_05

I would try sliding your grading that targets the rock slightly away from the point where it transitions to target the existing ground terrain. Do that to both ends of the grading. Then try applying the new grading that targets the existing ground but also don't bring it all the way to the transition points. This will leave small gaps between the ends of the gradings. Add a feature line across the gaps where the gradings meet the terrain and use and infill to fill in the empty space.

See screen capture.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report