Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading Tutorial Crashes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
192 Views, 3 Replies

Grading Tutorial Crashes

Hello all, While going through the tutorials, I cannot edit the feature line in the drawing grading-3.dwg. Here is what I am doing: First I open the drawing, then, in the grading menu, I select Elevation Editor..., then, in the elevation editor, I try to change the elevation at station 0+00.00 from 650' to 645'. This is when it crashes and I get the error message (see attached image). Any ideas? I have Windows XP Pro, P4, 2.4 GHz, 512 MB of Ram, Radeon 7500 video card, and Civil3D has service pack 1 installed. Thanks in advance, Brian
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Brian, I've had the same thing happen to me. My understanding is that Grading is still not ready for much use. I just decided to give up on Grading until it matures a little more. Good to see you're still at it! -- Darron K. Agawa Civil Engineer Town of Windsor
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks Darron. I definitely think Civil3D has a lot of potential but still isn't quite there yet. Brian "Darron Agawa" wrote in message news:40324f0f$1_2@newsprd01... > Brian, > > I've had the same thing happen to me. My understanding is that Grading is > still not ready for much use. I just decided to give up on Grading until it > matures a little more. > > Good to see you're still at it! > -- > Darron K. Agawa > Civil Engineer > Town of Windsor > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Brian, I was able to reproduce it so I've submitted a defect. It's a problem in the recalculation of the grading for the change in elevation. Thanks, Glen "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:4032467e_2@newsprd01... > Hello all, > > While going through the tutorials, I cannot edit the feature line in the > drawing grading-3.dwg. Here is what I am doing: First I open the drawing, > then, in the grading menu, I select Elevation Editor..., then, in the > elevation editor, I try to change the elevation at station 0+00.00 from 650' > to 645'. This is when it crashes and I get the error message (see attached > image). Any ideas? I have Windows XP Pro, P4, 2.4 GHz, 512 MB of Ram, > Radeon 7500 video card, and Civil3D has service pack 1 installed. > > Thanks in advance, > > Brian > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report