Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading Objects Disappearing When Editing.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
419 Views, 1 Reply

Grading Objects Disappearing When Editing.

Using 2010 with update 1 or whatever it's called these days, I'll just call it the first fix.

I've made three grading objects using "Grade to Relative Elevation" along a feature line. Then I've added a grading transition between them. This seems really unstable now, like making the wrong move makes the whole thing disappear...but what is strange is the feature line that is attached to the grading object that I have added into my surface remains, but there are only a few lines where the grading objects used to be, basically the line that seperates the different sections of grading.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? There's no way to edit the grading again either, it has to be remade, because there is nothing to select.

Brent Daley
Civil Designer/CAD Services Manager
The Land Group, Inc.

Civil 3D 2010
Dell Precision 690
Intel Xeon 2.00GHz Dual Core
4 GB RAM, 256mb nVidia Quadro FX 550
Windows 7 URC 64-bit Operating System
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
losfotos
in reply to: Anonymous

I've had similar issues. Things like when I create a curb off flowline with grading objects then add the gutter, the top of curb vanishes and the face flips to the other side of the flowline feature line. Or 75% of my grading objects vanish when I open the drawing. I can see them in the preview but they vanish after I open the drawing. I don't remember 2012 being unstable in this fashion.

Carl Simpson
C3D 2015 & 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report