Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading Object Infill Problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JT078
601 Views, 1 Reply

Grading Object Infill Problem

I am creating a simple, and although it's large (100 million gallons), the grading object routine is relatively simple.  I have the inside crest of the berm and I'm grading down 40-50 feet.  Everything is fine until I infill the bottom of the basin and then the infill line around the perimeter of the bottom has two points that are way below the actual bottom, like another 100+ feet.  The two points are on opposite sides of the basin so obviously it throws off the whole resulting surface and causes earthwork calculations to be invalid.  

I've tried various sizes and shapes, having the crest feature line both "open" (with a tiny gap) and "closed", straight and arc shapes for the crest, grading to elevation and to relative elevation, and probably more.  This problem seems to appear in each scenario.  Any help?

Version: Civil 3D 2012 on a Dell PC

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wfberry
in reply to: JT078

Why not dump the Grading Object.  It appears you already know what you want.  Make it out of Feature Lines.

Bill

Windows 7 x 64 Professional
Nvidia GeForce 9800 & 8500
12 GB Ram
i7 965 @ 3.20 GHz
Corsair Force 240 GB SSD
Infrastructure Suite 2014 Premium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report