Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading Issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
116 Views, 2 Replies

Grading Issue

I am pretty confident in my grading skills, and I feel that I understand the tools fairly well. My trouble comes when I start working the grading tools very hard. For example, I just finished a project that was small, but had many retaining walls. The interior grading went well, but when I was grading to the original surface, my computer would crash over and over.

Derek (Civil 3D SP3)
Is this a known problem, or is it my computer?

My computer is a Dell Pentium 4 CPU 3.60 Ghz, w/ 1.00GB of RAM. I know the video card is a big deal, but I don’t know what I have. It was supposed to be a very good one when we got the computer a couple years ago.

I appreciate any input.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kcobabe
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the world of civil 3D and grading tools. Yes this is a very common problem and the best way around it is build what you want out of feature lines or a corridor. That's right you can build the retaining wall out of a corridor. Then complete your daylighting with a grade.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 3 of 3
kauaieng
in reply to: Anonymous

1. try seperating your grading objects onto different sites. 2. don't let your grading objects cross paths (my computer hates this). Kpep playing with the grading tools and eventually you will figure out all the little bugs. good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report