Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Ghost' sections on Corridor cross sections

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
MKWeb
878 Views, 24 Replies

'Ghost' sections on Corridor cross sections

I have a railway corridor with multiple baselines and regions and for some reason, I am getting 'ghost' sections showing up in various section views. Not every section within any range of stations, but intermittently. Labels are being inserted (incorrectly) but there is no ryhme or reason since the section that is showing as the 'ghost' shouldn't be there in the first place.

These have been created using C3D 2012 by a novice user (who had created alignments with similar names in different sites eg Site 1 may have an alignment named DITCH A-B-C and Site 2 would have an alignment named Ditch A-B-C) but the alignments are not the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sta250.jpg

Mark 'MKWeb' Hultgren
24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
MKWeb
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff, the issue is the ghost sections showing in track B that have the labels where they shouldn't be. Take a close look at the label placements for station 2+50 in the Track B sections. You will see labels are duplicated but in the wrong spot. This assembly should show in ALL sections up to 3+50 but it doesn't, even though the settings are the same for the entire section group.

Mark 'MKWeb' Hultgren
Message 22 of 25
Jeff_M
in reply to: MKWeb

There are line & text objects that look like they were labels at one time but have been exploded. Perhaps these are left over from a different Assembly, or the sectionviews shrunk but since the labels were exploded did not relocate themselves? I suggest deleting these as they are no longer dynamic to the sections or sectionviews. There are also some manually placed Offset/Elevation labels that appear to need relocating, but these were not placed automatically by C3D.

I am seeing 2 assemblies (for 2 baselines) for Track B stations 0+00 through 4+50. Although at 0+00 & 0+50 I can only tell there are 2 from the labels which show these 2 baselines to differ in elevation by 0.02.

3-17-2014 1-30-49 PM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 23 of 25
MKWeb
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi Jeff,
What version of C3D did you open this in? Because the labels in my drawing are showing as actual labels (Not text and linework) Maybe that is part of the problem. They may have become corrupted when the drawing crashed on the OP and even though I ran an audit and recover on the files in question, maybe 2012 didn't pick up the problem and still saw them as C3D section labels?
Mark 'MKWeb' Hultgren
Message 24 of 25
doni49

I don't know about Jeff, but I opened it in C3D 2012 and had labels as text and lines.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 25 of 25
Jeff_M

I used C3D 2012, Mark. Most of the labels are labels generated by the CodeSetStyle. Some of them are OffsetElevation labels, and others appear to be exploded OffsetElevation labels.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report