Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost Entities, Blocks, lines & Text disappear

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
josh
3176 Views, 5 Replies

Ghost Entities, Blocks, lines & Text disappear

I have a drawing I'm working on and Intermittent objects, blocks, linework and text disappear or become un-selectable and wont print. For example a piece of text (Exploded, not mtext or a block) will show on my screen in Model Space but if I try to select it to move it, it acts like nothings there. If I regen it will disappear. If I print the drawing it will not show up. It is on the same layer and color as other text that works as normal. If I select all layers and unfreeze it will make it so I can select it and print it but I need certain layers turned off, which puts it back into the previous state. The same thing is happening intermittingly to certain line work or blocks. I have opened it on other work stations here and the same thing happens. It only happens in this drawing and I have audited and recovered it just for good measure. Cut it and paste it to another brand new .dwg and the same thing.

Im using Civil 3D 2009 SP3
on Windows XP

Any one have a fix for this?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: josh

Did you try to recover, purge and audit the file?

John
Message 3 of 6
mrlongoria

couple of initial questions:
1. is that text YOURS, that is to say did you put that text in the drawing and it pops up here and there?
2. when you do have all your layers open/thawed and you can select it - which layer is it on? can you see it (when selectable) in 'properties'?
3. are you sure it's not in some nested block?
4. is it possible that or some nested later is "locked"?
5. is this a simple simplex / romans / etc? or true text?

i know you cant print it - but can you screen shot it? i dont know a picture is worth ... well allot.

when its not there and bothering you and as you stated can you wblock everything "(dont select 'all'), bring it into another dwg with same results?

I am not working on 2009 - but C3D 08 and my money is on a bug in 09. but would love to play with it in 08. w/out compromising security can you send that portion of the dwg and see if it duplicates in 08?
thanks - good luck
Manny in houston
Message 4 of 6
paul.mccartney

Sorry I have no solution. I just wanted to point out a similar situation I have with hope that someone will know what is going on for both of us.

We use Civil 3D 2010. I have a road design drawing where everything is completely normal for a little while. After a while, things I erase or trim do not disappear and lines that I extend do not appear. Regen all doen't help.
I save, close and reopen the drawing the changes where applied and I can continue to work on the dwg 'normally'...for a while.
And yes, like Josh, I have purged, -purged, audited and recovered the drawing many times. No Errors in this or any xrefs.

As far as I can see, It's not a memory issue. I am running Win 7 64bit (Enterprise) with 8GB and a Quad Core with 256Mb Video.
Thanks
Paul
Message 5 of 6
josh

I forgot to mention I also tried it in Civil 3D 2010 & had the same results. Anyways I was able to fix the problem by flattening the drawing. I noticed that the line work that was disappearing was line work I had snapped to field points that had intentional bogus datum (i.e. Boundary corner with Z Value of -99999999.99999). Once I set the Z Value to 0.00 on all line work, text or blocks that had been snapped to a point node, it fixed the problem.
Does anyone know if this is a setting that can be changed?
Thanks
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

osnapz=1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report