Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get back removed data shortcut

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
hahmad
2125 Views, 6 Replies

Get back removed data shortcut

Is there any way to get back removed data shourtcuts of a surface once its removed?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: hahmad

If you mean it's been removed from the Data Shortcut listing in Prospector, it can be added to the list again by:

Opening the Source.dwg for this surface>right click on "Data Shortcuts" on Prospector Tab of Toolspace and select "Create Data Shortcuts".

select the surface name>OK.

It should appear in the Data Shortcuts listing.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
hahmad
in reply to: Jay_B

What i want is to remove this function " remove" from certain users or .... if its possible make this file locked so it cannot be removed
Message 4 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: hahmad

I'm not aware of any way to lock the data shortcuts xml files for certain users.

Why not come up with a workflow process where for example 1 user on project team is responsible for creating and maintaining all data shortcuts?

Or better yet, train the problem staff who are removing these shortcuts so it stops happening.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 7
vlsheehan
in reply to: Jay_B

Has anyone tried setting the Data Shorrtcut files to Read Only?

Read Only.png

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Message 6 of 7
MarySeufert
in reply to: vlsheehan

Even better, under the security tab, change the permissions for the different types of office staff. Hopefully your IT department has some good policies to seperate users into logical groups, or it can be done per user.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 7 of 7
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: vlsheehan

setting the xml file to read only may not be fool proof i suppose, since once the data shortcuts are created, you can delete this xml file and the data shortcuts will still stay and synchronize like before. i think you will only have trouble creating new data shortcuts with the xml gone, but a user can still remove a data shortcut from the prospector.

How about adding a line to the startup which will set SHORTCUTNODE to zero? this will hide the entire data shortcut area from the prospector for the users selected. in that case, the user will not be able to create data shortcuts when required, without setting SHORTCUTNODE to 1.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report