Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geographic Location problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
487 Views, 4 Replies

Geographic Location problems

I am having trouble with the geo marker and the geographic settings. the file given to us has a pre defined grographic location, (which is incorrect) which is making the file zoom out a lot further than desired. I change the geographic location and the position of the geo-marker, but when I use zoom extends, it still zooms all the way out to the undesired distance. There is no "space junk" out that far, so I do not know what else it can be.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

No objects on Off layers? Those do get taken into consideration on a zoom extents.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

There are no objects out that far in off layers. I've turned on and unfroze all my layers, and there is nothing in that space. I've also tried to reset my origin, and it always resets to it's location I try to move it from, which is way out in the space.

Message 4 of 5
tcorey

Post your drawing.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM

To make sure you have no "ghost" objects, type in ERASE, then at the Select Objects prompt, type in ALL.  Then type in R for Remove Objects, then select all your work.  This will probably tell you there were more deleted than removed.  

If this does not help, turn off the GEO marker, GEOMARKERVISIBILITY to 0.

Todd Rogers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report