Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Question about Surface Points

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
alloftin
1199 Views, 2 Replies

General Question about Surface Points

There are three different points that are showing up in my surface, the general cross - which I know is the elevation points, the cross with a circle - which is to minimize flat areas, and the cross with the square.  What in the world is the cross and square combination represent??? I've always had issues with them when they show up in my surface.

I have used 3d for 6+ years, and have always wondered this, never asked anyone, but always wondered, figuring I would stumble across it somewhere. It came back to mind when 100+ of the cross with a square popped up in my surface in an area that i wasn't even remotely near where I was working with, and screwed up the proposed to existing tie in points.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!!

AutoCAD Civil3D 2011

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: alloftin

Check your surface style and see what that marker is being used to display.

Typically you'll get those if you've added a "non destructive boundary" or a "non destructive breakline". Did you add a boundary to your surface and then add additional data to it? Make sure the boundary is last in the definition.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3
alloftin
in reply to: BrianHailey

Wow, can't believe I didn't think to check that. Thanks!

I have added data to the surface after the boundary, but it wasn't in that area

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report