Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Legal Phrasings . XML

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mikebaldi
1237 Views, 5 Replies

General Legal Phrasings . XML

I am using Civil 3D 2012. I am executing the reports General_Legal_Description_for_Alignments and _for_Parcels.

Through some research I was able to figure out where to adjust the precision. I was also able to learn that editing GeneralLegalPhrasings.XML is where I would format the wording.

But, the changes I make to GeneralLegalPhrasings.XML are not being reflected in the reports generated.

For example, Civil 3D defaults a line course to something like this: Thence N DEG MIN SEC E a distance of X.XX feet.

I edited all the mete type = "line" to read as follows: N DEG MIN SEC E, X.XX feet, thence

Here is an example of one of the lines: <Mete type="Point" connect="Line">{lineDirection}, {lineDistanceFoot} feet, thence  </Mete>

They all look like this, except the type and connect values change.

But there is no change in the output.

Thanks in advance for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
stacy.dunn
in reply to: mikebaldi

Where are the files located that you are editing?  The files that C3D uses are located here:

C:\Users\All Users\Autodesk\C3D 2011\enu\Data\Reports\xsl

The ones that the LandXML reporting tool uses are here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\LandXML Reporting 8\Support\xsl

Stacy Dunn
Message 3 of 6
mikebaldi

I am using Win XP so the files are located at: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\LandXML Reporting 7\Support\xsl

I thought I may be editing the wrong file so I searched the entire drive for GeneralLegalPhrasings, legal, .xsl and .xml to find every location these types of files may be, and this was it.

Message 4 of 6
Jeff_M

LandXML Reporting 7 was installed with C3D2009....

For XP you will find C3D2012's reports here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2012\enu\Data\Reports\xsl

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 6
mikebaldi
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff. Is there a reason these files would have been excluded in a search of my C drive?

Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M

I think system/hidden files are excluded from searches without telling Explorer to allow them. But it's been a while since I've used XP on a regular basis, so could be off on that.

Edit - Yep, there's on option on the search panel that you have to specifically tell it to search hidden and system files/folders.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report