Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap with Curb in Intersection Design

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
StephenP9
667 Views, 2 Replies

Gap with Curb in Intersection Design

Hi all,

I've been playing around trying to find a solution to this problem with the gap in the curb on the curb returns in my corridor. The image attached is self explanitory. Can anyone please help with how to join the curbs together from one intersecting road to another?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Neilw_05
in reply to: StephenP9

It seems you have applied the wrong assembly to the curb returns.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 3
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: Neilw_05

To elaborate on Neils comment - the assembly that is assigned for your kerb returns, does not have the components on the outside of the kerb that the assemblies that are applied to the rest of the corridor.

You need to copy the sub assembly components from the assemblies that are applied to the main part of the corridor, accross to the assembly used for the kerb return.

You can do this by selecting the sub assemblies that are attached out side the kerb in the assembly used for the main part of the road, right click

1. In model space, select the sub assemblies that are attached out side the kerb on the assembly used for the main part of the road
  2. From the ribbon (or right click), select Copy from the Modify Subbassembly panel of the Subassemblies tab (or Copy to if right clicking)
  3. Select the marker point on the rear top of the kerb subassembly in the assembly used for the kerb return.
  4. You will then need to set the surface targets for the daylighting (assuming you have daylights) in the corridor properties

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report