Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap with Curb in Intersection Design

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
xgeneration
1043 Views, 6 Replies

Gap with Curb in Intersection Design

Hello, I am trying to create an intersection design using the Intersection Tools in C3D 2012.  I followed the steps in the tutorials, created a corridor on the major road, splitted the regions, created the intersection and added it to the major road corridor, and connect the regions with the intersection portion.  I used the same assembly throughout the design just for simplicity, however, i notice that there are gaps of curb between the curb return section and the through section (as outline in red rectangles).  Can anyone help me with this?  Much appreicated.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: xgeneration

Edit the Corridor Style to turn on region display. You'll see that your regions have a gap between them in the area you outlined.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: tcorey

BTW, your drawing is corrupted, at least the copy I downloaded. You might want to recover it.

In one gap area I see a section that includes no curb, between two curbed sections. Add a curb to that and the feature lines should connect. I can't look further as the drawing keeps crashing. Good luck with that!

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 7
sboon

The various regions of the intersection corridor are built from different assemblies.  If you examine the corridor properties you can see which assembly was used for each of the problem areas.  Once I knew what to look for I examined the two assemblies in question and saw that they don't have curb subassemblies in them. 

Clipboard01.png

The easiest way to fix this is to copy the missing curb sub from another assembly.  Find one you like and right-click on it for the shortcut menu.  Make sure that your new copy is attached to the correct point on the outside of the lane - sometimes you have to use draworder first to ensure that the selected point is part of the correct subassembly.

Clipboard02.png

Adding in the curb means that the daylight sub is now attached to the wrong location.  Right-click it to move to the back of curb.

Clipboard03.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 7
fcernst

You also need to adjust your Frequency around the curb returns. You have a frequency of 25' now. I changed that to 5' for the Region below and you can see how it projects out to the Alignment targets more evenly, eliminating those interior gaps.

Hope this helps.

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 6 of 7
xgeneration

How to turn on the region display in the corridor style?

Message 7 of 7
xgeneration

nevermind, found it. thank you for all your help, everything works fine now!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report