AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Mentor
PorterCAD
Message 1 of 4 (95 Views)

Gap in Corridor Surface

95 Views, 3 Replies
02-07-2014 10:00 AM

I've been trying to fix the contours of a corridor surface taht was handed to me.  It's not even a big corridor, just a cul-de-sac.  I've resolved many issues so far, but cannot figure out what's causing this.  Here is my corridor in the object viewer:

Corridor.jpg

And here is the surface created from that same corridor:

Surface.jpg

Any reason as to what may be causing this weid gap?  I've adjusted the stationing, frequency, verified targets, and rebuilt several times.  I've even created a new corridor all together. 

Just so you know. . .I've got an alignment going around the bulb of the cul-de-sac where my assembly ties in (ties in at the back of curb).  I then target my lane back to the main road centerline alignment.  works fine on the top right, but not on the top left. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jason Porter
Enceptia Technical Advisor & Civil Solutions Blogger
http://enceptia.com/author/jporter/
*Expert Elite*
wfberry
Message 2 of 4 (90 Views)

Re: Gap in Corridor Surface

02-07-2014 10:13 AM in reply to: PorterCAD

It has been a few years, unfortunately, since I have done a cul-de-sac but I seem to remember that it was preferred to run two alignments and meet in the back.

Bill

Infrastructure Suite 2014 Premium SP 1

*Expert Elite*
LisaPohlmeyer
Message 3 of 4 (71 Views)

02-07-2014 11:25 AM in reply to: PorterCAD
Also, when ever I used to do cul-de-sacs and even now when I do returns, I create a 10' tangent section and the end of the returns. Most issues seemed to be resolved with that workflow.
Lisa Pohlmeyer

C3D 2012 SP4, C3D 2015
Please use "Accept as Solution" if this solved your issue.
Mentor
PorterCAD
Message 4 of 4 (67 Views)

02-07-2014 11:59 AM in reply to: LisaPohlmeyer

Thanks! !  Both your suggestions helped in this case.  I had to extend the tangents out by about 10 feet like Lisa said, and I created two separate alignments along the bulb, as suggested by WFBerry.  That has seemed to resolve this issue.

Thanks again!

Jason Porter
Enceptia Technical Advisor & Civil Solutions Blogger
http://enceptia.com/author/jporter/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs