Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEOTECHNICAL MODULE-PROFILE STRATA

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
CADEngr2014
2950 Views, 6 Replies

GEOTECHNICAL MODULE-PROFILE STRATA

Hello,

I am using C3D 2014.

I have imported boring data using the CSV method.  I find the boreholes appear properly in plan and profile.  But the hatch patterns I can not get to appear in log strips or in profiles.  Is there a setting I am missing?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
GaryMorin8439
in reply to: CADEngr2014

Hi

If you have a quick look in the help file, you will see you need to use the Hatch manager to create geotechnical hatches with the same name as the geology. Once created they will automatically be picked up.

Message 3 of 7
CADEngr2014
in reply to: GaryMorin8439

Garry,

Yes, we have stepped thru the instructions but do not get the described performance.  We have noticed that the file is quick to be corrupt if delete information from the file once data is imported.  Also a past method to help correct for the corruption would be to insert old file into a newly created one, and saving over old.  This method also can not be used as the goetechnical module does not recognize the data of the new file.  Any added thoughts are always appreciated.

Message 4 of 7
GaryMorin8439

Hi,

I'm not fully sure I understand your question, the import functionality is primarily designed for a one-off import and not so much to reimport to merge new updates with your current civil data.

This is something I know is important and we have been working on it with the HoleBASE SI connection.

HoleBASE SI is a geotechnical data manager, it is designed to allow updates of data, and we have built functionality into the geotechnical module to make use of this.

You will see there is a button in the ribbon for HoleBASE SI connection and check for updates.

You can take a look at HoleBASE SI and request a trial for it from here http://www.keynetix.com/holebase/

We are currently doing a lot of development in integrating HoleBASE SI and AutoCAD Civil 3D better, you may be worth you contact me separately.

Regards

Gary

Message 5 of 7
azmirspahic

How can we put FAULTS in geotechnical modul?

Message 6 of 7
DCot

I am also using the Geotechnics Module with Civil 3d 2013 and am having issues with the Hatch Manager. I find it very confusing and not very intuitive.

Other issues:

Error when  importing data in .csv format relating to depth of base not defined in the data.

It appears that the software does not handle a .CSV file saved from excel. I have had better results opeing the csv file with notepad, saving it as a text file and then changing the suffix from .txt to .csv.

Connecting directly to a Database.

I cannot get this to work. Apparently I need to upgrade to Geotechnical Module v1.14 

Keynetix say it is available through the Autodesk subscription centre but as yet I cannot locate this version for C3d 2013.

Advice on any of the above will be greatly appreciated.

DC

Message 7 of 7
rachelc11

I had the same problem and was able to solve it this way.

1. Make sure you're upgraded to most current version in subscription center

2. Make sure your column "GeologyCode" corresponds with the full name of the hatchs. If you read the help file, it gives an example for Geology Code as "LC" and GeologyCode2 as "Sand". You want the full word such as sand, clay, gravel, etc. in the first column, not the second! (So the opposite way of the example given)

Bonus (not your problem, but this happened to us)

3. Make sure your csv. contains no quotation marks. Write out " as in. or inches. For some reason it worked in the first version, but after the upgrade this gave us a problem.

Hope that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report