Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CADEngr2014
385 Views, 4 Replies

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION

Hello,

We are using Civil 3D 2014. 

We are using the Geographic Location and notice that the map location appears to be dependent on the "marker" location, not on the coordinate position.   How can we make the map position per coordinate system settings and not on a manually placed marker?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: CADEngr2014

It works fine for me, but I have never placed a marker.  Why do you need one?

Bill

Windows 7 x 64 Professional
Nvidia GeForce 9800 & 8500
12 GB Ram
i7 965 @ 3.20 GHz
Corsair Force 240 GB SSD
Infrastructure Suite 2014 Premium SP1

Message 3 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: CADEngr2014

I've always relied on setting the coordinate system on the Units and Zone tab  in Drawing Settings. From a brief read of help on Geographic Location. It looks like it's meant to reference an user coordinate based map to a Geographic System by using landmarks. IOW transforming the coordinates of the CAD drawing to a Geographic system without moving the entities in the drawing.

I believe that this is available through Map 3D. It looks like a GIS based way of approximately coordinating an unreferenced drawing. So the behavior you mention seems to be consistent with the way help describes the command. I don't see any way of accomplishing what you want with Geographic Location. You might get a better answer in the Map 3D forum.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: AllenJessup

Allen:

I assumed that "map position per coordinate system settings" means he has the drawing setup for the his coordinate system.

Bill

Message 5 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: wfberry

Hi Bill,

I really don't know. As I mentioned, I don't use Geographic Location. I'm not sure what the OP means by "map position". Does that mean the position of the entities in the drawing? Does "map position per coordinate system settings" mean the system is set on the Units and Zone tab? Without elaboration I can't go any further. It's close to a SWAG already.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report