Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funky Civil3d hiccup - Dual Screens & Windows 7

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
292 Views, 4 Replies

Funky Civil3d hiccup - Dual Screens & Windows 7

We've just started testing out Civil3d 2010 on Windows 7, and we're liking it so far. We've run into something kind of wierd & was wondering if anyone else has seen this...

When working with Civil3d spread out accross 2 screens & doing something fairly memory intensive such as re-building a large corridor, Civil3d will partially minimize itself (it temporarily occupies about 1/2 the screen space), gets kind of fuzzy looking, then will pop back open when its finished processing.

Has anyone else seen this or know why it would be doing it?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't have any large corridors but I have not seen that issue on my
machine.

John
Core2Quad @ 2.83 GHz 4 GB RAM
Win 7, Civil 3D 2010, Raster Design 2010, LDC 2009
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I don't think this has anything to do with Funk.

Oh, you mean unusual.

Sorry, can't help you. I've been running in that environ as well but
haven't seen that issue. Have you updated the display drivers? Just
random guessing...

JW
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

That seemed to do the trick! Thanks!
Message 5 of 5
hgohel

Windows 7's desktop window manager has a lot of nifty features with respect to how it interprets your window movements. Based on that it automatically places, resizes, minimizes and maximizes windows and that may be what you were seeing.

Don't have a complete list (or a handy link) of the features, but here are a few things to try:

1. Grab a window (that does not occupy the entire desktop) by the toolbar and take it to the top of the screen and release - it will maximize
2. Grab a window & move it to the left (right) edge of your display - Win7 will show you that it would occupy half the screen if you released.

Windows also recognizes "shake" gestures to return window to their original sizes. I believe there's a web page/video on MS's Windows 7 web site that goes through these new shortcuts.
Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report