Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function keys don't work on my laptop don't work

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dmeldrum
2955 Views, 6 Replies

Function keys don't work on my laptop don't work

Hi,

I have a HP laptop on which I run AutoCAD 2012 AND Civil3D 2012 both of which for some reason do not have the function keys working as normal. Oddly enough if I attach an external keyboard, the function keys work as expected.

Has anyone else had this issue and how to resolve?

Thank you

Duncan

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
troma
in reply to: dmeldrum

Do they work in other programs?

In any other program, does F1 bring up help, or does Alt + F4 close the program etc.?

If it is just an acad problem I can't think of where to look, but if it is everything then have a look at regional and keyboard settings in the control panel, and look at the specific laptop keyboard settings.  It's possible the regular functions are being overridden by web, media player, calculator etc. options that can be on the keyboard,

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 7
dmeldrum
in reply to: troma

Thank you for your reply.

I suspect the laptop assigns the functionality of the keys as the issue occurs with other software applications. I will drop HP an email and learn whether the presets may be overridden.

Regards

Duncan

Message 4 of 7
antoniovinci
in reply to: dmeldrum

Try toggling the FN key near to CTRL on the left lower side of the laptop keyboard, sir.

Message 5 of 7
dmeldrum
in reply to: antoniovinci

Yeah you're right enough it works, just a bit 'fiddly'!

Thank you for your comment

Message 6 of 7
pranshu83
in reply to: antoniovinci

thanks a lot sir
Message 7 of 7

I've got a HP as well. As stupid as it seems, this is working as intended, per the factory settings.

If you enter the BIOS next time you start your laptop, there should be an option to swap which functions (ie. F2 versus "Lower Brightness"). Just remember to save changes before quitting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report