Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreslope & Backslope Subassemblies

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
garrett_wynne
2638 Views, 12 Replies

Foreslope & Backslope Subassemblies

Hello all,

I am building my first corridor within C3D 2014 (heavy Terramodel user) and I have hit a snag.  Typicals call out what is required for my foreslope and backslopes (see attachment) but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to achieve this with the standard subassemblies.

Basically, I am looking to create a shape that creates a foreslope at -4:1 for 4' if in a cut and then daylights to surface at 6:1, 4:1, 3:1 & 2:1, depending on depth of cut OR if the foreslope is in a fill at 4' it needs to be a 6:1 (rather than 4:1) then daylighting to surface at -6:1, -4:1, -3:1 & -2:1 (again, depending on depth of fill).

I have looked into SAC, but am completely lost on where to begin there.  I believe the answer is within the conditional cut or fill SA's, but no luck on a successful batch of them.  Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks,

Garrett

(thanks to Partha.Sarkar for pointing me to the correct forum)

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Update:

I have the conditions for the foreslope working properly now.

I cannot get any conditions to work for the backslope besides the first one I create after the foreslope

I.e. 6:1 = cut of 0' to 4' works, but once get deeper as shown on the typical the other conditions are not kicking in.

See attachment.

Thank you in advance.

Message 3 of 13
fcernst
in reply to: garrett_wynne

Do you have all the Targets set?

Remember, every time you add one of those Conditional Cut/Fill subassemblies you have to set the ground Target for it.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 4 of 13
garrett_wynne
in reply to: fcernst

Thanks, yes the targets are set. Last night I was able to get the cut condition to work. Still nothing on the fill. I'll post a picture soon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
Message 5 of 13
fcernst

What did you have to do to get it to work?

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 6 of 13
garrett_wynne

Here is a picture of what I finally got working last night at 1:30am for my cut condtion Smiley Indifferent.  I don't know why I cannot have one condition (IF cut at SG Shoulder, then slope at 4:1 4' and figure backslope based on depth), but it's working.

Fill is partially working.  3:1 & 2:1's are not working.  Do I need some type of shape at the end of my first fill condtion (IF fill at SG Shoulder 1-9999' then fill to surface at slope based on depth)?

I have tried the fill scenario like the cut with no complete success.

Getting clues by fidgeting around the program, just not the right answer.

Message 7 of 13
fcernst

Daylight General itself can provide up to three backslope conditions as a function of depth.

You have four conditions typical so you would still need to add one Condtional Cut and Fill

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 8 of 13
garrett_wynne

I will try that with a condtion for a fill between 0 - 3' for a 6:1, and use the daylight general for the rest and see what happens.  thanks.

Message 9 of 13

I am not sure if that way is creating a conflict, but now I am down to a 6:1 fill slope only.  I made two conditions for my fill: 

If depth of fill is 0' - 3' daylight at a -6:1

If depth of fill is 3' - 9999' daylight at Daylight General (or Standard)...I tried both but no success

Message 10 of 13

Unfortunately I had to switch to back to Terramodel to finish this project.  I am still looking for help with this subassembly if anyone would care to take a look.

Thanks

Message 11 of 13
fcernst

You are supposed to be able to gang up as many Conditional Subassemblies as you want emananting from one point, at least 10 like you need.

Submit it on a Support Request and let us know if it is a confirmed defect.

By the way, Daylight Standard has user known issues: 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Ditch-Subassembly-Problem/m-p/3913760/highlight/true#...

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 12 of 13
garrett_wynne

Thank you...I will look into it.  Is the support request within Civil 3d?

The concept seems simple enough.  If in a cut do this, if in a fill do that.  Unfortunately, I am not seeing that happen.  Time is always an issue, hence the switching back to Terramodel to finish.

Message 13 of 13

EDIT: I have submitted a support case and will post results here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report