Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the Geniuses (Simple line label)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
C
Contributor
274 Views, 5 Replies

For the Geniuses (Simple line label)

When I label a line with "slope over distance" the arrow points downhill. When I label a line with "slope only" the arrow points up hill. If I use grade labels the arrow points uphill in either case. I need the arrows pointing in the same direction. Both of the slope labels on the same line point to different directions. I know you can reverse the label, but how would I know which label to reverse without gripping the line an viewing its properties. I would think that the purpose of labeling the slope of a line would to be able to immediately tell, by looking at the label, the slope of the line and which direction is up hill.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: C

In the 2008 NCS extended template, there is a label style called Slope Over
Distance. In that label style, the rotation of the arrow block is set by
using an expression with an IF statement. Take a look, I think that will
solve your problem.

JW
Message 3 of 6
Matt.Anderson

Please note that the arrow is a direction arrow of the bearing, not of elevation.

I will need to check the extended arrow if statement out.
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 4 of 6
C
Contributor

I'm not exaclty sure what you are talking about but I compared the slope only style to the slope over distance and noticed that the slope only arrow rotation was 0d and the slope over distance arrow rotation was blank. So I set the rotation to 0d and it works. Just one more way to confuse someone I guess. Seems like they would match since the template is "out of the box". Thanks
Message 5 of 6
C
Contributor

I see, so your saying that the arrow points in the direction that the line was drawn and has nothing to do with the elevation. Unless there is away to place positive or negative signs to denote elevation the arrows will inevitalby cause some misinterpretations.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

In that style, edit the arrow and click in the "rotation angle" field. You
should see a drop down list with "Grade Check" as an option. If you select
that, it will use the grade check expression to set the arrow direction to
point down hill.

Cheers,

Peter Funk
Civil 3D Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report