Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flatten point styles to elevation

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
IanMcClain
1978 Views, 10 Replies

Flatten point styles to elevation

Is there a way to change all your point styles display mode (flatten to elevation, use point elevation, or exaggerate elevation) at once? I don't mean make a new style and then apply it to all points: I want to systematically change it for all my current point styles.

Ian McClain
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
sboon
in reply to: IanMcClain

Nope.  Point styles have to be edited one at a time.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 11
Jeff_M
in reply to: sboon

@sboon wrote:

Nope.  Point styles have to be edited one at a time.

Unless you know someone who can whip up a quick lisp to do it for you. 🙂 See attached lisp file.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 11
nostupidquestions
in reply to: Jeff_M

dang! thanks!

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 5 of 11
IanMcClain

Awesome! Thanks!

I really need to learn LISP 🙂

Ian McClain
Message 6 of 11
PPanek

Jeff,

Thank you for very useful SETPOINTDISPLAYMODE.lsp code. There should be a way of global editing of other Point Style settings e.g. "leader stops at marker: no" or Orientation Reference etc.

I have a problem though: after successfully executing SETPOINTDISPLAYMODE.lsp for several times, it stopped working:
The error message is as follows:

Command: SETPOINTDISPLAYMODE
; error: Automation Error. Problem in loading application

Any idea how to fix it?

Thank you,

Przemek

Message 7 of 11
DonMBW

Any chance you have a Civil 3D 2015 Version of your setpointdisplaymode.lsp?

Don

Message 8 of 11
GTVic
in reply to: DonMBW

I've updated the file to support up to Civil 3D 2018. Hope that is okay with Jeff M.

Message 9 of 11

Sir, Is it possible to change all point elevation as flatten, if I use the lisp.

Message 10 of 11
GTVic
in reply to: GTVic

Updated for 2019

Message 11 of 11
GTVic
in reply to: nizamthonichal

@nizamthonichal wrote:

Sir, Is it possible to change all point elevation as flatten, if I use the lisp.

The lisp changes the display of the points not the actual elevation of the points.

If you have cogo points in the drawing (not in survey database), you can use the panorama, Ctrl-A to select all points, right-click the elevation column header and select Edit ... and change all to a single elevation. This permanently alters the point elevations.

Another option is to select a point group in the prospector, edit the properties of the group and under overrides, check the Point Elevation box and set an elevation. This is an override so you can go back to the original elevations.

If the points are in the survey database you can use the SDB points list, Ctrl-A, right-click Edit ..., etc. and then hit the Save button. Again, this is a permanent change.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report