Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finished grades not plotting

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
185 Views, 3 Replies

Finished grades not plotting

I am doing an alignment in ciivil 3D and the profile view is supposed to show both the existing and proposed CL grade along the bottom axis. it shows 2 grades alright.. the existing grade to one decimal place, and then the existing grade to 2 decimal places. This happens in my own drawings as well as the sample drawings I pull up. How can I get the proposed grades to show.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Your profile view will not show the proposed CL grade until you lay that out with the profile layout tools. The only other way this could be shown is if you sample two surfaces simultaneously when creating the profile view where one surface would have a breakline in it that represents the proposed CL grades

The two values you speak of are a part of the banding style. You will need to dig deep into the label style to see if you can have individual control for these. It seems they may be both set to the existing ground profile line when in fact you can have one set to the FG.
Message 3 of 4
tscheevel

Select the offending profile view, right click, and select "Profile View Properties".
Click the "Bands" tab in the dialog box.
Scroll right in the bottom pane until you see the columns "Profile1" and "Profile2". Click in the cell below the header in the column that you want the FG to show in. You may have to click twice to get a drop down list. Select the FG profile and click "OK".
To change decimal precision start in the Bands tab of the same dialog box. In the "Style" column, click on the small graphic at the right side of the cell that shows the name of the active style.
In the "Pick Band Style" dialog box click the down arrow button to the right of the button with a graphic that looks like a tablet and pencil. Select "Edit Current Selection".
In the "Profile Data Band Style" dialog box, in the pane entitled "Labels and Ticks" select "At Major Stations" and click the "Compose Label" button.
At the top Left of the "Label Style Composer" dialog box select EG Elevation from the drop down list.
In the table below select the cell in the "Value" column that is adjacent to the "Contents" cell.
Click the grey button that appears at the right end of that cell to open the Text Component Editor" dialog box.
The right pane will show "Profile2 Elevation" followed by some hieroglyphics. Delete all of it.
In the properties tab of the left pane, select "Profile2 Elevation from the drop down list and change the precision in the table below.
Click the button with the right arrow to place the label back in the right pane of the dialog box.
Click "OK" twice to get back to the "Profile Data Band Style" dialog box.
Select "At Minor Stations", click the "Compose Label" button and repeat the steps you just did for "At Major Stations".
Click "OK" however many times it takes to close all the dialog boxes and hopefully you'll like what you see in your drawing.
Don't let it beat you! 🙂
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks - you have just saved me a lot of grief!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report