AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (204 Views)

Find survey database

204 Views, 3 Replies
12-22-2011 01:13 PM

Is there a way to find out what survey database a point belongs to??

If I open an existing drawings with survey points in it, I can't find a way to determine what survey database those points reside in, without remembering which one it is.

Unless I am missing something??

*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 4 (193 Views)

Re: Find survey database

12-22-2011 03:10 PM in reply to: kgrover

You've got it!

And before I get derailied into my five-year-long "Project Rant", I think I'll sign off...

(Autodesk, PLEASE give us Project functionaity back!  This is the only real thing we lost after leaving LDD.)

Sinc
Valued Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (146 Views)

12-28-2011 01:43 PM in reply to: kgrover

I'm with Sinc on this issue. Try this, it may get you close. In windows explorer find out the "date created" of your drawing with points in it. Then search for a survey.sdbx file with the same time stamp.

Civil 3D 2011
Windows 7 Prof. x64
HP Z400 Workstation
Intel(R) Xenon(R) CPU
W3550 @ 3.07GHz
6.00 GB RAM
*Expert Elite*
Message 4 of 4 (102 Views)

01-15-2012 07:50 PM in reply to: kgrover

Bump.

PROJECTS ARE IMPORTANT!!!!!  That's how we start things in this industry.  It's insane that our software doesn't recognize such a basic concept.

Sinc

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs