Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find acreage of sketched polyline, without having to create "parcels"

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
mcloughlin
5724 Views, 23 Replies

Find acreage of sketched polyline, without having to create "parcels"

In Civil Design 2014, we are sketching closed polylines as parcel alternatives as the client watches. The client expects us to be able to sketch a parcel on his scaled map, then click it and see an acreage. Not too complicated, right? Is there a way simply to click on a closed polyline and obtain an acreage for it, as one could do in LDD? Just click on an object (not a "parcel," but a polyline enclosing an area) and find its area in acres? Shouldn't be too difficult for a sophisticated program like this, right? Thanks!
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Pointdump

I agree the parcels are probably the fastest OOTB method but note that parcels don't like overlapping linework in the same site.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 22 of 24
Neilw_05
in reply to: mcloughlin

Several ways to tackle this one but it looks like the LISP tool is the best fit.

One other solution that has not been mentioned is to use the Map annotation tool. You would create a label template that computes the acreage of closed polylines and then apply the annotation to the polylines. by a global selection Whenever polys are drawn or reshaped, just refresh the annotation.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 23 of 24
jimb
in reply to: Anonymous

perfect just what I needed quick and simple.

Message 24 of 24
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: mcloughlin

Precious 😂😂😂😂

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report