Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter 3dpolylines/breaklines

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
troyhill
290 Views, 5 Replies

Filter 3dpolylines/breaklines

Can you filter 3dpolylines to find which ones have a vertex at 0 elevation? I do not see the option in the Object Selection Filters dialog. We have several 3dpolys which would take a while to go through each vertex.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: troyhill

I just use 3dOrbit to get a 3d view and easily find the errant objects.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
troma
in reply to: Jeff_M

Or if you're adding them to a surface anyway, just go ahead. Then look at your contours, they should tell the story.
(Caveat: if your linework is close to zero anyway, neither idea will work. So sea-shore topos need a different idea.)

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 6
Neilw_05

QSELECT>3d Polylines>Vertex Z=0

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 6
troma
in reply to: Neilw_05

I didn't even check it because I thought the OP said they checked there, but I misread that post I think.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 6
troyhill

I usually just use a 3d view but was just seeing if there was a method through the Object Selection filter since it was a large topo.

The surface method of lookin at errant contours wasnt an option because the computer was not allowing a surface to be generated.

I dont know why I didnt check quick select. That is the quickest method, as you can find all errors at once.

Thanks for the responses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report