Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filedia issues

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
5978 Views, 8 Replies

Filedia issues

This issue has been haunting me since I installed Civil 3D 2012 on my computer along with a few others that I work with.

I know to set filedia to 1 and it works, but within a few hours to days it needs to be done again. I would say at least 3 times a week.

Is there a permanent fix to this, or am I to just go insane?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
neilyj666
in reply to: Anonymous

Insert a line in your acaddoc.lsp file (think that's the one) to set FILEDIA=1; this works for me but not sure of the syntax as not in front of CAD now

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 9
Neilw_05

In my experience the FILEDIA variable sometimes gets reset to 0 after a crash. I just reset it when it happens.

I don't know of any way to prevent it from happening so maybe the LISP routine in your startup is your best solution.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Neilw_05

I agree with Neil. It is an error trap situation where an unexpected end to a cammand cant clean house. How you have been able to avoid it until 2012 is astounding. Smiley Happy

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
BrianHailey
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

As others have stated, edit your acad2012doc.lsp file. Add the following line of code at the end of it:

(command "filedia" "1")

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 9
Joe-Bouza

The Acaddoc.lsp runs on open only, yes?

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
Jeff_M
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

No, Joe. Acaddoc.lsp runs whenever a drawing is opened. Acad.lsp runs only at startup, unless a sysvar has been set to allow it to run as acaddoc.lsp. Editing any of the acad*2012.lsp files is discouraged since they get overwritten during service pack installs, repairs, etc., whereas the acad.lsp and acaddoc.lsp files are left alone.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 9
BrianHailey
in reply to: Jeff_M

@Jeff_M wrote:

Editing any of the acad*2012.lsp files is discouraged since they get overwritten during service pack installs, repairs, etc., whereas the acad.lsp and acaddoc.lsp files are left alone.

Aha! That's why I love coming here! You constantly learn new things! Thanks for that bit of info Jeff.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 9 of 9
dilsmails1
in reply to: neilyj666

i changed filedia to 1 but still having the same problem any idea ?
Dileep

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report