Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Figure Prefix Library - Issues in C3D 2010

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
surveyor8120
250 Views, 1 Reply

Figure Prefix Library - Issues in C3D 2010

Our office has recently upgraded to Windows 7 - 64 bit and C3D 2010.

We store our Figure Prefix Libraries on the server and through survey database settings we set our path to the folder on our server where we have the figure prefix libraries. This is how we have done it in previous version and have not had a problem.

The problem is that once one of us opens up cad it becomes useable only to the first person that opens cadd. Anyone else opening cadd that is trying to reference the figure prefix library will get an error saying file all ready in use. So for now only one person at a time can bring field files into their drawing at a time. Then have to close down and let the another person reopen cadd for them to use it. The quick fix is for us to put the files on our idividual computers and change our path to look on our computer for the file. However that is not what we want to do. We would like to keep it on the server so that everyone is using the same version if edits are done to the file. It work like that before and would like to know if there is a setting or something we can do to make it work like it did before. Is anyone else having this problem.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Anthony
My Processor Intell(R) Core(TM)2 Dou CPU E8500 @ 3.16Hz
My Ram is 4 GB
Anthony Robinson, PLS, CFEDS
CRW Engineering Group, LLC
Civil 3D 2015
Windows 7 Prof. x64 SP1
Dell Workstation
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU
870 @ 2.93GHz
16.00 GB RAM
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

We keep the latest and greatest file on the server, and when we login, IT has it set up to copy certain files to our hard drives. The con is that if you make a change to the figure prefix library the next time you log in it’s gone. This can be a good thing to keep people from hacking things up. Only a few of us have the access to update the original. This goes for the XML Reporting as well.
Jeff
Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report