Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields within Labels

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jamesmac1200
585 Views, 6 Replies

Fields within Labels

Hopefully one of you pros can assist me on this one. Is there a way to add a field within a label style? I made a custom alignment label and I would like to add a field that references a sheet (I'm using SSM) i.e. "See Sheet 1-2". Thanks.

Civil 3D 2016 SP4
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50 GHz
40GB RAM
64-Bit
Window 7 Professional
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jamesmac1200

No can do. sorry its not supported. you'll need to ad a seperate MTEXT with the field

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 7
emelendez
in reply to: jamesmac1200

Well, in a round about convoluted way you can get what you are looking for, but it will not be linked to the SSM. You can create a reference text object within the alignment label style that will reference the description of a cogo point within the same drawing. In the screen capture attached, you will see a object "A" is a cogo point with the description reading "sheet 1-2" and in the alignment label at the bottom you will see where it matches the description of the cogo point. That is as close as I can come up with to getting what you need.

No it's not linked to the SSM but all references are linked to a cogo point description. all you need to do is manage your descriptions of your cogo points. One neat feature of the "reference text" of the label style is that you can change what object is being referenced in each label independently through the properties dialog box.

Edwin Melendez
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional
Certification No. 00319327
Message 4 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: emelendez

Here's another example of a creative way to get Civil 3D to do things is doesn't do out-of-the-box. Thanks for posting, emelendez.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 7
jamesmac1200

Thanks for the response. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Civil 3D 2016 SP4
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50 GHz
40GB RAM
64-Bit
Window 7 Professional
Message 6 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: tcorey

it is nifty, but a peice of mtext inserted near the 3d label would be dynamic to SSM. For me I'ld rather not have to wory about updating a point list to sync with a drawing list. But it is creative

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 7 of 7
emelendez

@TCOREY & JAMESMAC1200- Your Welcome

@JOE-BOUZA- I agree with you. I would rather have a piece of text linked to the sheet set manager. The more custom you create things that are work arounds, the greater the risk that someone will come behind you and not understand what you did and just mess things up.

Edwin Melendez
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional
Certification No. 00319327

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report