Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature lines in corridor not matching up with assembly changes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nathan07
519 Views, 4 Replies

Feature lines in corridor not matching up with assembly changes

Civil 3D 2013. I have a 7km strech of road with 3.5 meter lanes, 2.5 meter shoulders and 0.5 meter for rounding. There are small sections along the road where I want to pave the right shoulder making the right lane 6 meters. To do this I copied the assembly used for the main strech, deleted the right shoulder, and changed the width of the right lane to 6 m. To apply the new assembly I am just adding redions within the corridor properties and selecting stations where I want the wide lane. For some reason, the left side of the road shifts in a bit where the wide lane sections are. The left side of the assembly is exactly the same throughout the whole corridor, and I have only used 1 baseline. The left side shouldn't change at all so I don't know what's going on.

Also, some sections the lanes match up at the transition and some don't. In the picture the lane stays together near the bottom when it widens, but doesn't at the top.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: nathan07

Instead of using multiple assemblies, use the same one and target a polyline or feature line that will follow the lane widening.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 5
nathan07
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

The issue I'm having by doing that is that the rest of the subassemblies
still apply. So the whole right side of the corridor shifts outwards when
all I want is the lane itself to widen eliminating the 2.5m shoulder. So the
when I target a feature line it widens the lane correctly, but is also
widens the shoulder and the 0.5 m rounding and daylighting.
Message 4 of 5
sboon

I can't think of an obvious reason why edits on the right side of an assembly should affect the left side.  Based on the description the only thing I can think of is that the subassemblies aren't connected properly within the assembly.

Can you upload the drawing for us to look at?  If not the whole thing then just your alignment, prpfile, assembly and the corridor would probably be enough.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 5
blt
Advocate

Put in two targets one for the shoulder and one for the edge of pavement.  Keep the two separated by a really small distance where you wanted the shoulder eliminated.  You will still have a shoulder but you can make it a really small distance.

Bryan Thorp, PLS
Civil 3D 2017 SP1
Dell OptiPlex 990 Workstation
Intel I7
16 Gig of RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report