AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
rdlongbow
Message 1 of 3 (79 Views)

Feature line moves when section with projected object is moved

79 Views, 2 Replies
10-31-2012 02:38 PM

C3D 2012 SP2.1 on Win7-64

I have a marker on a cross section that was projected from a short feature line that I created from a 3DPolyline.  If I move the cross section (they never come in correctly, right?), the feature line moves too. If I use a 3Dpoly, this doesn't happen. Only went to the feature line because for some reason, when I went to Project Multiple, the 3Dpolys weren't picked up.

Now I wondering if I've moved feature lines on other projects where I have moved the sections. Could be a real problem. Most of those, though, had a mix of feature lines and 3Dpolys, so they would only be partially messed up! Hopefully, I moved the sections before doing the projection.

*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 2 of 3 (74 Views)

Re: Feature line moves when section with projected object is moved

10-31-2012 03:52 PM in reply to: rdlongbow

You are moving the seciton views by a window.  Do not move them this way.  Select ONLY the view with the pick button.  If you need to select a bunch all at once, use the quick select tool.  But never move them (or especially erase them) by a window.

[If I move the cross section (they never come in correctly, right?)]

Mine always come in correctly.

Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
Distinguished Contributor
rdlongbow
Message 3 of 3 (71 Views)

Re: Feature line moves when section with projected object is moved

10-31-2012 04:26 PM in reply to: mathewk

I have been moving them by Window, so that could be it.

OK, so it is possible to get cross sections to end up all the way in the frame. The secret is?????? Some of the text alway seems to overhang the frame.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs