Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature line moves when section with projected object is moved

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rdlongbow
205 Views, 2 Replies

Feature line moves when section with projected object is moved

C3D 2012 SP2.1 on Win7-64

I have a marker on a cross section that was projected from a short feature line that I created from a 3DPolyline.  If I move the cross section (they never come in correctly, right?), the feature line moves too. If I use a 3Dpoly, this doesn't happen. Only went to the feature line because for some reason, when I went to Project Multiple, the 3Dpolys weren't picked up.

Now I wondering if I've moved feature lines on other projects where I have moved the sections. Could be a real problem. Most of those, though, had a mix of feature lines and 3Dpolys, so they would only be partially messed up! Hopefully, I moved the sections before doing the projection.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mathewkol
in reply to: rdlongbow

You are moving the seciton views by a window.  Do not move them this way.  Select ONLY the view with the pick button.  If you need to select a bunch all at once, use the quick select tool.  But never move them (or especially erase them) by a window.

[If I move the cross section (they never come in correctly, right?)]

Mine always come in correctly.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 3
rdlongbow
in reply to: mathewkol

I have been moving them by Window, so that could be it.

OK, so it is possible to get cross sections to end up all the way in the frame. The secret is?????? Some of the text alway seems to overhang the frame.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report