Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature line grading object problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
brburklund
2765 Views, 5 Replies

Feature line grading object problem

We have what seems to be a simple task.  

We have a feauture line that we are creating a 4:1 cut/fill grading object (and new surface)  to an existing surface.

When we create the grading object, we have a segment along the feature line that has no grading or grading surface created.  

When we create the grading, the feature line then has "intermediate" grades created at the place where no grading occurs.

We have tried moving the feature line to its own Site with the grading object.  We have made sure that the feature line has no intermediate grades prior to grading.  When we create the grading, the intermediate grades show up on the feature line and the grading is "gapped" around the intermediate points.

Any suggestions to fix this "gap"?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: brburklund

Are you answering Yes when it asks to apply to entire length? If so, answer no and pick the start and end of the ranges manually. Does this fix your problem?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
brburklund
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for the reply.  I tried manually selecting the length and it didn't work.  I also tried manually picking only the problem area and it wont grade that area.  It is in an area of fill and it won't grade fill up to the existing grade.

Message 4 of 6
troma

Feature lines can be finiky.

Try drawing a new one, snapping to the one you have, and try grading from the new one...see if that helps.  No idea why it would, just what I would do.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 6
Joe-Bouza

was the feature line created from a polyline? If so, the pline may have contained pseudo nodes that could be gumming things up

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 6 of 6
Neilw_05
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Make sure the grading parameters are such that the grading intercepts the terrain in that area. It may be that you have inadvertently applied a very flat slope or the elevations are far off the terrain so that it can't find a solution.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report