Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature line from profile

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
martin888888
5259 Views, 7 Replies

Feature line from profile

I have a roadway alignment with FG profile and I want to place a feature line on the roadway centerline that represents the FG profile elevations.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: martin888888

Drape a feature line on a surface

If necessary, press Esc once or twice to deselect feature line AB.

1. Click Modify tabEdit Elevations panel  Elevations From Surface.
  2. In the Set Elevations From Surface dialog box, click OK.
  3. Click feature line BC, then right-click and click Enterto end the command.
  4. Click feature line BC again. An elevation point has been added wherever the line crosses the edge of a triangle in the TIN surface.
  5. Right click and click Elevation Editor.

The Elevation Editor displays data for each elevation point along feature line BC, including its elevation, and the distance and grade to the next point. A feature line on the surface like this can be a useful starting point for a grading. You can use controls along the top of the Grading Elevation Editor to add and delete elevation points, and to adjust their elevations. You can select multiple points within the table for group operations, such as raising or lowering them the same amount, or “flattening” their elevations to the same value.

6. Click  to close the Grading Elevation Editor.
Message 3 of 8
martin888888
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks, but actually what I am trying to do here is place a feature line on the centeline of my roadway that represents the FG profile elevations.  No roadway surface has been created or corridor set up.

I have a small access road to a site and the road is extremely ununiform with many widenings for turning motions, parking, and whatnot.  It would be a complex corridor to establish.  An easier way in this case is to establish a feature line for the centerline and create a grading from there.

Message 4 of 8
Jeff_M

3-1-2013 9-37-45 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

And that would probably do it, lol

Message 6 of 8
martin888888

more way then one to do things huh 🙂

Thanks Guys, works perfect

Message 7 of 8
Jeff_M

Martin, for people to be able to find answers when searching for solution to their own questions, it would really help if you follow this rule of thumb:

If you find a response which answers your question, please be sure to accept the actual post which helped you as the solution. This will help future searchers quickly find answers to their own questions. 

Marking the post in which you say "That worked!" as the solution will only confuse those future searchers. Thanks!

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 8
martin888888
in reply to: Jeff_M

And thats exactly what I did about 5 mins ago

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report