AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

onedayiwillbeaguru
Message 1 of 4 (72 Views)

Feature line colours

72 Views, 3 Replies
11-29-2012 03:58 AM

Hi All,

When I insert featurelines from one drawing into another they lose their colour properties even though they are ‘bylayer’. i.e each feature line is a different colour but once inserted into new drawing they are all blue. If I click on the feature line it will show the correct colour in the properties block but not displaying as that colour.

Anyone know the reason for this and how I could stop it happening?

Thanks

Distinguished Mentor
rl_jackson
Message 2 of 4 (66 Views)

Re: Feature line colours

11-29-2012 05:43 AM in reply to: onedayiwillbeaguru

When you use the term insert, are you inserting them as a block. If so explode it and they should go to the correct layer.

C3D12-13
Win7x64 6gb
*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 3 of 4 (55 Views)

11-29-2012 08:01 AM in reply to: onedayiwillbeaguru

Check your feature line styles.

Let's say your Feature Line Style is called MyStyle in both drawings, it might set the lines to Bylayer in one drawing and to Blue in the other. See the Display tab of the Feature Line Style Editor.

Don't explode the feature lines unless you absolutely must.

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 4 of 4 (44 Views)

11-29-2012 10:10 AM in reply to: tcorey

I think the explode remark can be explained thusly:

If your feature lines are individual feature lines, and say they are feature lines in the properties box when selected: don't explode the feature lines.

If you inserted feature lines as a block and they are still in that block, all together as one object that says it is a block in the properties box: explode the block.

If the feature line style is set to layer 0 and colour ByLayer, does the feature line take the colour of it's Object layer?  I'm not sure, but that's another possibility to look into.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs