Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature line colours

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
onedayiwillbeaguru
881 Views, 3 Replies

Feature line colours

Hi All,

When I insert featurelines from one drawing into another they lose their colour properties even though they are ‘bylayer’. i.e each feature line is a different colour but once inserted into new drawing they are all blue. If I click on the feature line it will show the correct colour in the properties block but not displaying as that colour.

Anyone know the reason for this and how I could stop it happening?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

When you use the term insert, are you inserting them as a block. If so explode it and they should go to the correct layer.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: onedayiwillbeaguru

Check your feature line styles.

Let's say your Feature Line Style is called MyStyle in both drawings, it might set the lines to Bylayer in one drawing and to Blue in the other. See the Display tab of the Feature Line Style Editor.

Don't explode the feature lines unless you absolutely must.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 4
troma
in reply to: tcorey

I think the explode remark can be explained thusly:

If your feature lines are individual feature lines, and say they are feature lines in the properties box when selected: don't explode the feature lines.

If you inserted feature lines as a block and they are still in that block, all together as one object that says it is a block in the properties box: explode the block.

If the feature line style is set to layer 0 and colour ByLayer, does the feature line take the colour of it's Object layer?  I'm not sure, but that's another possibility to look into.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report