Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Lines Moving

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kolk
332 Views, 5 Replies

Feature Lines Moving

So here's an odd one (at least I think it's odd Smiley Frustrated): I have a drawing that it utilizing feature lines which are projected to the cross sections to display R.O.W., easements, etc.  However, every now and then (there doesn't appear to be any similar operation that causes this) the feature lines will change their location, in this case they typically seem to move north and east about 200'.  I can't deuplicate the problem...it just seems to happen on its own.

I'm running Civil 3D 2013 with SP 2.

Any thoughts???

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
doni49
in reply to: kolk

I for one am having trouble visualizing what you're asking about.

Any chance that you can provide some screen shots so we can visualize this a little better?  One shot showing the way it's SUPPOSED to look and another showing what it looks like after you experience this.

Also does it stay like that after you save and reopen the file?  Or does it revert back to the right location upon restart?

If it does stay like that, then can you post the file in its unchanged state and the same file after it's changed?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 6
kolk
in reply to: doni49

Here is a pdf screen shot.  Showing how the lines are moving.  It does stay like this after a close / reopen.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
doni49

Save a copy of the file as is (before the change happens) and the next time you experience this, save the file with the changes then post both the backup and the changed file.

That way we have something to compare.  That's what I'd do if I were in your shoes.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 6
david.zavislan

Did the feature lines move or is your view angle rotated slightly?  I can't tell in the image you posted. Without the Veiwcube or UCS icon it is not possible to identify the view direction relative to world coordinates. This would make 3D objects look like they moved relative to the 2D objects at 0 elevation.  If the view is rotated, use the PLAN command set to World to fix it.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 6 of 6
doni49
in reply to: david.zavislan

@david.zavislan wrote:

Did the feature lines move or is your view angle rotated slightly?  I can't tell in the image you posted. Without the Veiwcube or UCS icon it is not possible to identify the view direction relative to world coordinates. This would make 3D objects look like they moved relative to the 2D objects at 0 elevation.  If the view is rotated, use the PLAN command set to World to fix it.

I don't know if this is ALWAYS the case, but if I rotate my view (so that it's not plan view), my cursor changes.  The cursor in the image still looks normal so I don't believe it's rotated.  But the OP will have to confirm that.

Rotated View.png

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report