Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Line Style for Curb Return with Markers at the Deltas

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mikekillion
630 Views, 7 Replies

Feature Line Style for Curb Return with Markers at the Deltas

I am trying to create a feature line style that would include markers similar to minor stations of an alignment at the End Points and 1/4D, 1/2D & 3/4D locations. The thought is that I could use these on curb returns, and the markers would identify the locations we provide construction staking. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Mike Killion

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sboon
in reply to: mikekillion

I don't think that it can be done in the featureline style, but it seems like it should be possible to build a curve label style that would put markers at the points you want.  You could also use reference text to add surface elevations to those points.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 8
mikekillion
in reply to: sboon

Thank you. I was able to use a curve label style to set marks at the Start, Middle, End and Radius Point, but not at the 1/4 and 3/4 points. Is there a way to set these? Once I have all the locations, I plan to use your suggestion to utilize reference text to get surface elevation labels.

Thank you,

Mike

Message 4 of 8
jeff_rivers

Make a copy of your curb return curve. Break it at the midpoint. Now label the midpoints of the resulting two segments, which will be the 1/4 and 3/4 points of the original curve.
It's quick but it does result in duplicate entities.

Jeffrey Rivers
Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i9 3.7GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA RTX A4000
C3D 2020 V13.2.89.0
Message 5 of 8
Joe-Bouza

Insert a PI at the mid point then 2 labels would give the 1/4 and 3/4

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
sboon

It took a while to figure out, but I've attached a drawing with a curve label style that includes lines to the BC, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and EC points.

Clipboard01.png

It should be possible to edit the style to make the lines invisible, but attach text or other components to display what you want.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 8
Neilw_05

i suggest using elevation points. When you apply elevation points you have effectively added vertices to the FL without influencing the geometry. That exposes the segments to the label style. You can then add a block component at the start or end of the segment and apply a Tick block. Then you can apply a segment length label to indicate the distance between ticks.

I don't know of a way to make the locations of the points dynamic to changes in the length of the arc, but it is relatively easy to use the divide command to place points at the 1/4 length intervals and use those a guide to move the points.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 8 of 8
mikekillion
in reply to: sboon

Thanks Steve! This looks very much like what I looking to do. I appreciate your effort on this, and think this is a very clever solution. I will try to advance this further and post any progress I make.

Thanks again,

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report