Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Line Name to Label

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PatrickManson
1291 Views, 4 Replies

Feature Line Name to Label

I am wanting to add the name of my feature line to a label style. I am trying to create a label style that will show Lot Number and Area. I know i can create parcels, but i dont want to! I have also created a map table that can do exactly what i want on polylines, but will not work on an xref. Labelling featurelines does work in xrefs.

Does anyone know of how to add the name into a label style?

Thanks, Patrick

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: PatrickManson

I don't believe you can get a feature line name into a C3D label style.

Maybe you can try this with alignments. You can get the alignment name and perhaps place the area in the description which can also go into a label.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
jmayo-EE

Text fields will also work with this if you don't mind using ACAD objects.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
PatrickManson
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Hi John, i have successfully done this with polylines, but you cannot do this when the polylines are contained in a xref, whereas you can with featurelines.

Cheers

Message 5 of 5
jmayo-EE

That's correct only C3D objects will label through xref's. You would need to use ncopy to bring the plines to the current dwg and then label or leave the label in the dwg with the object.

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish but IMO parcels are the best object to work with if you need to label areas through xrefs. 

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report