AutoCAD Civil 3D General

*Expert Elite*
wfberry
Message 11 of 16 (110 Views)

Re: Feature Line Labels not updating with last change

11-11-2012 06:18 AM in reply to: fcernst

Fred:

As you probably expected, I concur with you and Brian.  On the good side, I suppose, is the vertex actually does change, just not the label.

Searching for a work-a-round, I found that I had no short-cut for the letter "Q" and set it to REGEN in the acad.pgp.  I normally have my left hand on the keyboard and the letter Q is right close by.

Just a thought.

Bill

(Don't forget the command "reinit" which reloads the Acad.pgp while still in C3D.)

Valued Mentor
fcernst
Message 12 of 16 (108 Views)

11-11-2012 07:12 AM in reply to: BrianHailey

"As an alternative to labeling the featurelines, if the featurelines are added to a surface as breaklines, you can label the surface and they should update automatically."

This is not the same. Feature lines can be have all the segment grades and PI elevations labeled at once with the Multiple Segments labeling command.

Another difference is then the labels are attached and move with the feature line if the feature line has to move.

Ernst Engineering
Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2014 SP1
W7x64; i7 8gb; Radeon HD 5700
www.ernstengineering.com
*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 13 of 16 (103 Views)

11-11-2012 09:07 AM in reply to: fcernst

I agree it's not the same but, it's an alternative. Which is more frustrating, having to regen every time you change a featureline or have more of a manual control of label locations? That's your call based on your project and your skill sets.

Just my $0.02.

Valued Mentor
fcernst
Message 14 of 16 (101 Views)

11-11-2012 09:15 AM in reply to: BrianHailey

It's definitely not even close to an alternative. This alternative would be much more frustrating.

In one fell swoop we have the all the feature line segment grades and PI elevations done with one-click of the Multiple Segments labeling command.

With your alternative, I would have to snap to and label all the individual vertices with surface labels. Then do two-point surface slope labels for all the individual segments.

Then if the feature line has to move we are (fill in the blank).

Please fix the bug...

Ernst Engineering
Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2014 SP1
www.ernstengineering.com
*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 15 of 16 (98 Views)

11-11-2012 09:35 AM in reply to: fcernst

fcernst wrote:

Please fix the bug...

Make sure to log a support request if you want this fixed. Posting it on the forum may, or may not, be seen by those who can initiate the process to get it corrected. Logging a support request insures someone will see it.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Valued Mentor
fcernst
Message 16 of 16 (95 Views)

11-11-2012 09:37 AM in reply to: Jeff_M

10-4  Yes, I did go ahead and do that. 

Thanks for the feedback on this.

Fred

Ernst Engineering
Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2014 SP1
www.ernstengineering.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs