Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Line Elevations

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
380 Views, 6 Replies

Feature Line Elevations

how do i force a feature line from selecting other
elevations that are not needed? i was trying to "project an object" in a profile
(culvert points) and then i created a feature line for my proposed alignment. no
matter what order i create the feature line my culvert all of a sudden creates a
mid point that pins itself to the proposed cl profile and vica versa? i tried to
delete the bogus pi on either of the two feature lines but it does not allow
me...
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Change sites for the FL in question.

HTH
JW
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Both of the Feature lines are probably in the same SITE...move the Culvert FL to its own site

Brent
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

winner winner chicken dinner 🙂

thanks to the both of you...

wrote in message news:6229369@discussion.autodesk.com...
Both of the Feature lines are probably in the same SITE...move the Culvert
FL to its own site

Brent
Message 5 of 7
bcsurvey

5 years later and this old post just saved me a bit of time.

Hey Metcalf, why not pick one of these posts as a solution?  I got lucky since this was the first post in the search results that I chose, but I may have spent a while clicking on others.  It's always helpful to see that a post has been answered/solved.

Thanks!

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Message 6 of 7
doni49
in reply to: bcsurvey

@bcsurvey wrote:

5 years later and this old post just saved me a bit of time.

Hey Metcalf, why not pick one of these posts as a solution?  I got lucky since this was the first post in the search results that I chose, but I may have spent a while clicking on others.  It's always helpful to see that a post has been answered/solved.

Thanks!

bcs:  you're correct that the "solutions" are helpful but this wasn't availble 5 years ago.  So I wouldn't go too hard on Metcalf.  🙂

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 7
bcsurvey
in reply to: doni49

@doni49 wrote:

. . . this wasn't availble 5 years ago. 

I meant it in present day ("why not pick" instead of "why didn't you pick").  It's never too late to improve the effeciveness of our posts, especially when new tools come along!

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report