Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Line, Copy to Site BUG ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ACADuser
549 Views, 1 Reply

Feature Line, Copy to Site BUG ?

The program freezes at 62% during a save after copying a feature line to a different site.  Has anyone else experienced this ?  Is this a known bug ?

The featureline that is giving me problems was created from a closed polyline that was assigned elevations from a surface.  This fieatureline represents the top slope of a detention basin and is part of several gradings in the site.  I have created a new site that I would like to copy this feature line to for experimentation.  After selecting the feature line, then right click, select "Copy to Site...", then select the new site and finally click ok. Everything seems fine at this point.  But after trying to save the program freezes.  It goes as far as 62%, the task manager shows 100% cpu usage for the program.  I then have to end the program through the task manager.  After opening the file the featureline is not there since it did not finish saving.

To work around this issue I simply used the AutoCAD "COPY" command to copy the featureline.  Then selected the featureline, right click and select "Move to Site...".  This seems to work as I can now save the file.  Hopefully this may help others that may be experiencing this problem.

EDIT:  AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009, Latest SP

ACADuser
Civil 3D 2018, Raster Design 2018
Windows 7 Enterprise
Dell Precision 5810 Workstation
Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3 @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB GDDR5
DUAL 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713HM
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
annw2
in reply to: ACADuser

I had a similar problem in 2010.  I created a feature line from corridor and broke it.

I then tried to move and copy the feature line to the site I wanted.  It wouldn't budge.

Ann Wingert, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report