Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error upon startup of C3D 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
anniesball72
2107 Views, 4 Replies

Fatal error upon startup of C3D 2013

I have a Win7 X64 PC running C3D 2103. I recelty installed this for the first time and am seeing the following error message when I launch the application.

I've tried to do a repair and still get the message.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: anniesball72

This is a "normal" Fatal Error, Unhandled Access Violation exception.  I say normal in that it is quite command and not much information.  You said you tried a Repair.  I suggest you go ahead and do a repair.

BTW, a majority of folks here will not open a .DOC file.  Use an image file (raster) of some sort (NO BMP please) jpg or png.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
nstalker

I receive the same error using AutoCAD Mechanical 2013.  I've done a repair, reinstall and I've had Autodesk customer support clean my registry.  Each time AutoCAD 2013 works for a week and then errors out again.  In the meantime I continue to use AutoCAD mechanical 2012 and it works perfectly.  I have FDSP and all of the other 2013 software packages work perfectly but it seems like they don't have the bugs worked out for ACAD 2013 yet.  Kind of frustrating.  I'm going to contact customer support again tomorrow to re-open the same case for the 3rd time but I don't expect a permanent solution.

Message 4 of 5
rybobales

Try clearing your graphics cache. Typically located here:

C:\Users\**USERNAME**\AppData\Local\Autodesk\**YOUR VERSION OF ACAD**\R19.0\enu\GraphicsCache

I have fixed this problem twice by just cutting and pasting all of the files in that folder to a new one on the desktop. You can erase them if you want as AutoCAD will build new ones.

Ryan

Message 5 of 5
nstalker

I gave that a shot bit it didn't work.  Attached is the error I received upon startup.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report