Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Errors 2007

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
142 Views, 8 Replies

Fatal Errors 2007

Does anyone else get a lot of fatal errors when just picking Civil 3D
objects in model space?

--
JOHN
C3D 2007, SP3
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
steve
in reply to: Anonymous

I suppose you have the latest service pack loaded? Do you have the autosave on or off? I have turned the autosave off and tweaked my quicksave to have run the audit before saving to fix errors.

I am working with several surfaces, trying to paste them together. I have to do a couple of pastes and then save or i'll get and error message, not fatal, but my drawing is no longer editable. I have to close and reopen.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Just got an error in modelspace with two pipe networks within.
(( ; error: Exception occurred: 0xC0000005 (Access Violation)
Error writing/closing file. )) It locked up the autocad session and refused to run any commands so I had to end task.

SP3 c3d2007.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Getting the same error, I send in at least 25 to 30 errors a day! What a nice program.
Message 5 of 9
steve

I get at least 25 or 30 errors a day also, when I am up for the frustration of fumbling through it. If I save as I go sometimes I'm good.
Im wondering if my (our) loads are not good.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

hhsteve and TracyM,

Would you send me a direct email with the email address that you use on your
error reports so that I can take a look at them?

Thanks,

Peter Funk
Civil 3D Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

peter dot funk at autodesk dot com
Message 7 of 9
steve

hhsteve@bellsouth.net
Peter,
I took one of your Funky classes in Vegas; cv21-3 tricks and hacks.
I really want to use the product for all my work and am excited about it. Having a difficult time implementing due to the crashes, knowledge of product and deadlines.
Thanks
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

A day or two ago I asked if I were the only one with problems and performance issues and hardly had any replies. I thought I could not be the only one. I had about 30+ fatal errors in two weeks. I do not send error reports but started to keep print screens thereof. Nothing in the program tells you why it happens. I do a command and when I do something simple like Zoom Extents after that it will crash and give me a fatal error or take ages to regen. After all it took me about three weeks to complete a job instead of a week. My location and work situation does not allow for formal training and I thought I must be doing things wrong all the time. I was using LDT for a few years and switched to 3D a few months ago. The corridor and region increments seems to be the big culprit. I am currently looking at the best way to separate it from my main drawing because it does not help if you switch it off. Regen and save takes very very long. My hardware is fine and I have SP3
Message 9 of 9
steve

I have been advised by my trainer and reseller to use data shortcuts to reduce the size ofthe drawing. Seems to help with crashes. Another file size tip was too reduce the size of the surface boundary, only show what you need to.
Hope some of that helps.
You can find out about data shortcuts in the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report