Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JeffCamarena
748 Views, 2 Replies

Fatal Error

I am getting a fatal error message "Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0038 Exception at e9a85402h". I was working on a drawing Friday afternnon and the error popped up and crashed Civil 3d. I could open Civil 3d, but when I tried to open the drawing in question, the error would occur and crash Civil 3d. I started a new drawing and inserted the old drawing as a block. That had been working all morning, but all of a sudden the same error started to occur again. I have attached to drawing in question. What is the error?

Thank you,

Jeff

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: JeffCamarena

This opens fine for me in C3D2014, although there are a number of missing Xrefs. Which suggests that you may have an Associative hatch which uses an object from one of those Xrefs as a part of it's boundary....AutoCAD does not like such relationships. An Audit found no errors. So I suggest copying the file somewhere that it won't find the xrefs when opening and see if it still crashes. If not, try to determine which hatch may be causing this by examining the drawing and removing any that you think might have such a boundary.

Now, this may not be the cause of your crash, this is just something that I have seen in the past so is the only thing that comes to mind right now.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
JeffCamarena
in reply to: JeffCamarena

One of the Xref's had associative hatch in it. I changed the hatch in that drawing and it seemed to fix the error in the other drawing, for a little while. I was able to work in the drawing for awhile, then the error occured again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report