Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error with Data Shortcuts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
craig_robertson
622 Views, 4 Replies

Fatal Error with Data Shortcuts

I have a drawing with data shortcuts, we recently changed our file structure and I managed to re-path the shortcuts just fine however the folder was renamed again today and when I open the drawing with the data references or the reference itself I get a fatal error. This only happens when I open AutoCAD and then open the drawings from within AutoCAD, this does not happen if I open the drawings straight from windows explorer. Anyone any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: craig_robertson

It sounds like you are not using the File --> Open (going to the proper directory) procedure.  You must be selecting from the list at the bottom of the File dropdown, file is not located there.

Bill

Message 3 of 5

Hi Bill, the fatal error actually occurs when I follow the correct procedure, i.e. file dropdown>open>search for project folder. It only doesn't occur when i have AUtoCAD shut and open the drawing from windows explorer.

I've logged on this morning to an extensions error which I haven't seen before, anyone any experience with this?

Message 4 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: craig_robertson

Are you really using Windows NT?

Bill

Message 5 of 5
craig_robertson
in reply to: wfberry

No we are using windows 7, unsure why the error says NT. It appeared on computer start up this morning.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report