Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error message

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sramsey2010
418 Views, 7 Replies

Fatal Error message

When trying to open a 3D modeling .dwg file I get this message: "Fatal Error:Unhandled Violation Reading Oxe91b3dec Exception at 5ed81f4eh." Any solutions to the problem. Recover drawing does not help. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,
the "Fatal Error: Unhandled Violation" error message can have many reasons.
Is it possible to send the .dwg to check if it is a drawing related issue?

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 8

I'm not sure what it means to send the file to check.  Part of the original question is that the file will not even open all the way, it kicks me out before being completely downloaded then gives the fatal error message.

Message 4 of 8

As said, there is no clear reason for the error message and the issue could have many causes. If you can send me the .dwg file I will try to check the file on my system.
You can also try resolving the issue by yourself. There is an article about corrupt drawing files in the Autodesk knowledge base:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/AutoCAD-File-Corruption

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 8

i still can't get this this file to work without getting the error message.  Can you please try checking the file that is attached. Thanks.

Scott Ramsey

Message 6 of 8
wfberry
in reply to: sramsey2010

It opened up on my C3D 2015 (& C3D 2014) instantly without a hitch.

Bill

Message 7 of 8
EJMartinez
in reply to: sramsey2010

Could be a software problem. Use to happen to me. Try a repair on the program. If that don't work, try a reinstall on the program. That helped my problem. Or when it crashes, send an error report to autodesk.
Message 8 of 8

Hi Scott,

the file also opened up on my computer in Civil 3D 2014 without issues.
I have run a PURGE and AUDIT and sved it again. In order to make sure there are no file related issues, please try opening the attached file on your computer. If that does not work I suggest to 1. reset the Civil 3D user profiles and/or 2. conduct a clean uninstall/reinstall of the software.

1. Resolving user specific issues by resetting AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014
  2. Resolving installation issues with a clean install of AutoCAD Civil 3D

Hope this works,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report