Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faro FLS point cloud errors

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DaveBlackH
851 Views, 3 Replies

Faro FLS point cloud errors

Hi all, I have been struggling to create a cloud point file in Civil 3d from a Faro .fls raw data file.

I am running Scene 5.1 so have installed the Faro SDK 5.1

I have copied the files from the folder

C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_faro.ls_1d23f5635ba800ab_1.1.501.0_none_347e88fb032f5788

into the folder

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\IndexCodecs

Simply get the error "The creation process is terminated because of some errors."

I am running Win7 64bit, I have also tried the Scene 5 Dll's and installed both the 32bit and 64bit ones, no joy as expected with them being old ones. I have removed the whole lot and just used 5.1 Dll's still the same.

I am running a trial of Civil 3D 2013 if that makes any odds.

Any further pointers about this?

Thanks

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DaveBlackH
in reply to: DaveBlackH

Couple of updates,

I have installed SP1 for Civil 3d - no change to the fault.

I have installed a supposed 'fix' for the fault from here,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20400391&linkID=9240698

But think that may be for an older FLS format as it overwrote my dll's with older versions.

Have put back my 5.1 Scene dll's and still getting indexing problems, 

very annoying!

Dave

Message 3 of 4
DaveBlackH

Another thing, in case its important - when installing Civil 3d i had various errors about not updating registry entries. Looking at the help it said to reset permissions in the registry, which I did. 

However I had about 100 of these errors on install, and just clicked ignore in the end as would have taken all year to reset the registry on each.

The program appears to run fine though - just adding this in in case its relevant.

Dave

Message 4 of 4
DaveBlackH

Ill keep adding to this what I am trying in the hope it jogs someones memory...

I have saved the rax fls file using the scene software as another fls file - incase the scanner had exported in an old format. This new fls file also does not import, 

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report